Thursday, June 6, 2013

Crockpot BBQ chicken

This is one of my favorite meals. I used to use a recipe but now I do whatever looks good. Here is my BBQ version! 

First I cover the bottom of the crockpot with brown sugar and drizzle vinegar over it. Sometimes I put some red pepper flakes in too but this time I used lemon pepper seasoning. 


Then I just lay the chicken on top of all of that. 

I use my favorite BBQ sauce!
Sweet Baby Ray's is the best! I pour over enough to cover most of the chicken. It's okay if it runs off it won't matter later. If I have a smaller bottle of the sauce I use the whole thing but this big container I can four uses out of for this recipe. 

Then I set the crockpot for four hours. After two or three hours or whenever I have time I break apart the chicken so more of the sauce can be absorbed. When it's ready it should be soft enough to break apart to a pulled or shredded look with just a fork. Pick your favorite rolls, something more sturdy than hamburger rolls work best. My family loves it and I hope yours does too!! - Amy

No comments: