Thursday, June 13, 2013

Play Dough

Well it is another rainy day here in Western New York  Since we can't go out and play Grant and I decided to make play dough. Well I decided to make him play dough as he sat on the table and played with the one color we already had. He was more than joyful when I started putting new colors on the table. 

I got the recipe off of pinterest.com but here is the link to the actual web page http://www.accidentalearthmother.com/2010/11/04/playdough-recipe/ I used this one because I didn't have any cornstarch.

1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup salt
1 tblsp vegetable oil
a few drops of  food colouring
1/2 cup boiling water

Knead it for a few minutes before giving it to your child it may need more flour to be less sticky but this type is going to be a little more sticky than others because of the lack of cornstarch. I am going to get some when I go to the store and add it. Here is a picture of our play dough bagged up:

Grant had a great time playing with it, a little messy but worth the joyful playing he did!

-Amy

No comments: