Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Popsicle Stick Wall Art

   I've been seeing a lot of Popsicle stick wall art stuff on pinterest lately so I decided to give it a go for myself. So I decided to do something simple. I didn't really know where I was going to go with it at first but here it is anyways!

First I covered a medium piece of canvas the cardboard backed kind, not the wooden frame type.




Then I set the sticks down on the canvas to see how many I would need. The picture just shows the amount I ended up needing.


I then painted the sticks and after I did the pink and blue I decided to go for a sunset look.

And this is the finished product hanging on my wall. I used hemp cord to hang it. I just hot glued it to the back. I used regular white glue for the sticks. And yes it is a little crooked but you get the idea. It's not the best thing ever but it did give me something to do for a while and was a great stress relief. Kids would probably love to do this too. Oh yes, and I used acrylic paint.

Hope you enjoy it and try it for yourself!
Amy

No comments: